We understand that booking online involves significant trust on your part. We value your trust, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Please read this policy to learn about our privacy practices.
What information we collect from you
General Information. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way, including via any App. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We may also request information about your hotel room preferences, and frequent flyer. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general most of the information we request from you is required in order for you reserve a hotel, register as a member; book travel; complete a traveller profile; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our website or through any App.
Travel Companion Information. When you make a reservation for someone else through this website or any App, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
Information from Other Sources. We also may periodically lawfully obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information. Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information are helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud. For more information, please see Cookies and other technologies.
Social Media. If you make use of any Luxxzy social media features, either on our website, an App or otherwise through a social media provider, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. When using a social media feature and if you have chosen to include it in your social media account, we may access information such as your name, profile picture, gender, birthday, email address, town or district and any other information you have chosen to make available. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (“Location Data”) to provide you with relevant content. Please note that your Location Data may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider. We may also access information from social media providers about your use of an App that we run on their website.
How we use your information
Email Communications. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our website and through our Apps. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your hotel related interests if you consented to receiving email marketing communications. Where legally required, we will abide by existing publicly available opt-out lists when sending you marketing communications. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our website and our Apps. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
With whom we share your information
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers such as hotel, airline, car rental, and activity providers, who fulfil your travel reservations. All services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you purchase through this website or any App. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation, or respond to a review you may submit.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or our Apps or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to. Please note that these third party service providers may be established in countries that might not offer a level of protection for your personal information that is equivalent to the one offered in your country of residence. However, we will endeavor to protect all personal information we collect from you in accordance with strict data protection standards.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website or through our Apps. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites if you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, this website or our Apps, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information. We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors.
How you can access and/or correct your information
You can access and update your contact information by visiting My Account section. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address email@example.com. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
By providing your personal information to us through this website or any App, you accept that we may retain your information. We may continue to process account-related information in order to fulfil our legitimate business objectives, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for historical record and analytical purposes. We employ robust technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to account information.
Cookies and other technologies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit almost all websites. Cookies do not recognise you personally and are not harmful to your computer or mobile device. They are used by websites you visit in order to improve your experience on the website, to provide us with analytics information that will help us improve our website generally, and to collect information about travel destinations of interest to you so that you may see travel ads more relevant to you.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using this website and our Apps to make travel arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website or App can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
How you can contact us